mr. matisse.

Tuesday, January 15, 2013


Ah. There is nothing I love more than the rush of art history. Aside from my painting classes, art history is a must every semester and I just adore it. Though, this semester is focused on contemporary art, I can't help but dream of the luscious work of Mr. Henri Matisse. A french Fauvist painter and sculpture, Matisse was free and expressive in his work. What is most delicious about his paintings is his color palettes, with how vibrant and rich they are. The usage of pattern play is also quite exciting. I just love Matisse as a whole. I am going to miss studying his work this semester so for the sake of it, here is a dedication to some of my favorite works of Matisse. Dig in and admire. 

1. the riverbank, 1907 / 2. the terrace, st. tropaz, 1904 / 3. vases with two handles (a bunch of flowers), 1907 /  4. woman with a hat, 1905 / 5. joaquina, / 6. goldfish, 1911 / 7. open window, collioure, 1905 / 8. the french window at nice, 1919 / 9. the dream, 1940 / 

1 comment:

Brooke said...

Ohhhh Matisse is my all time favorite! You are darling :)

this might tickle your fancy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground