just for the record.

Saturday, January 12, 2013


Okay, okay, so let me set some things straight here. Not that there is any confusion, but it did dawn on me today that I do sort of live two separate lives. Okay, not really, that sounded weird but do I go by two different names I should say. First off, in the social media world which covers my, blog (feel good time), my artwork as an artist, my pinterest and my instagram, have all started out as Rachel Anne Robbins, which is my birth name/maiden name. Since the beginning of time with my artwork dating back to high school, I have always signed my painting as RAR, for Rachel Anne Robbins, obviously because that is my name and who I am. Continuing artwork in collage I continued to sign as Rachel Anne Robbins and still do to this very day. My other social media devices, I began as Rachel Anne Robbins as well.

Well, as you all do know, I did get married September 8, 2012 and did legally change my name to Rachel Robbins Kuch. But to stick to my logo with artwork at least, I continue to go by my maiden name and plan on doing so for the rest of my life. It's my signature, it's my roots, it's my identity and it's simply because it's where everything began and for love and respect for my dad, who has all girls, and a sister, I want to keep his name alive. And by doing so, I thought the easiest way possible was just through my social media and networking. Besides, this blog has been up and running since 2007 believe it or not, and it's just hard to change something that starts to mean an awful lot to you. Also, the zoo doesn't care at all to be involved in the social realm of things on the internet and quite frankly, I don't blame him so I guess it is best that I go by my maiden name?

Either way, I am Rachel Kuch but choose to display myself as Rachel Anne Robbins on my blog, artwork and other social outlets to dismiss confusion. Also, this is all just a huge justification for the fact that I am horrible with change, and changing my name was really hard for me so I felt that this was the best way to let it still be a part of who I am without feeling like a different person. I know, I know. I am weird, but just go with it. I just wanted to make a point and say, no, I didn't keep my maiden name. The zoo and I are a team and a partnership in marriage and we are simply Zeke and Rachel Kuch. And we have a feel good time.

Got it? Now, on to life we go!

No comments:

this might tickle your fancy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground