kitty cat lions.

Monday, April 22, 2013


If you don't know by now, I'll fill you in on a secret. I absolutely adore cats. My one true love is my kitty cat Cali Q. Robbins who I grew up with and as of a couple of years ago, we had to give her away due to my parent's moving to England for a year or so. I was insanely depressed. Being out at school, I took it hard but was semi-grateful that I didn't have to be home to see the new lady pick her up and out of my arms. She really was like a sister to me.

And as strange as this may sound, I am also strangely grateful that I never will have to experience my Cali girl passing away. To me, knowing she's in great care with her new friend, she's kind of the cat that has more than nine lives and lives on forever. That's how I envision it.

I've also come to realize that majority of this world hates cats and it blows my freaking mind. If people are so amazed and blown away by lion's how can they not adore cats, which to me is just a sweet little kitty cat lion! I remember as a kid, I'd lay my face eye level to the floor and watch Cali Q. walk around, the way she moved was mysterious and lion-like. That was one of my favorite things about Cali.

I think it's a tender mercy that the Zoo and I moved into this charming little bungalow because low and behold, there are about six cats that just roam the streets. Majority have owners who let them explore the town, so I have no ounce of anxiety over whether or not they are stray and in need of a good home. So instead, I get to play with them, and feed them milk and tuna from time to time if they choose to sunbathe in my backyard, which they typically do every day. I do believe I am becoming the main gossip to the cats on the street. Being the new neighbor and all... and the fact that I do handout treats, they are always greeting me at my doorstep when I come home from work. My friends are starting to call me "The Cat Lady." But I'm not. I'm just a sucker for cats, I don't own a litter of them!

This week the kitty cat lions have been extra sweet to me. I think they are aware it's finals week and that I my loose my mind any second now. This photo above was taken this morning when I was greeted coming home from running errands. I think they adore me. Sorry I'm not sorry.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I've read your blog for awhile but never commented - you are darling and I loved this post and photo. I am an official crazy cat lady {four cats - yikes!} but laugh how society is so anti-cat and I felt the need to comment to show support. I'm glad there is another blonde, semi-Utahan, JCrew-lovin', cat lover out there ;) Love your art and can't wait to see more.

this might tickle your fancy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground