a little zoot zoot at the giza plateau circa 1961.

Monday, April 29, 2013


While we are on the Egypt kick, I couldn't help but not share one of my favorite photos of one of my favorite men, Louis Armstrong, tooting his gold horn for his sweetheart at the Giza Plateau in Egypt of 1961. 

Does this photo make you grin with such happiness or what? I love all things Louis and when you throw Egypt in the mix of things, you've got one heck of a party! I was at Zurchers party store today, getting ready for my birthday next week, and they always have the best playlist jamming through the sound system. Today was all things Louis Armstrong and it put me in the best of moods. 

What a talent Louis Armstrong was. Im sure his wife was so proud. If I had it my way, and could choose a group of people who have passed on to meet, I'd choose Louis Armstrong, Ray Charles, Otis Redding, and Billie Holiday and have them all throw me some jazzy beats late one night in a jazz club. I can't explain to you the zone I'd be in... 

No comments:

this might tickle your fancy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground