april showers bring may flowers.

Saturday, April 6, 2013


By golly has Utah been beautiful lately or what? I guess the impact of actually having all four seasons has been an eye opener lately. I have been feeling very grateful for how beautiful the world we live in is, and to see it bloom with time and come alive again has been exciting. As they say, "April showers bring May flowers," and it couldn't be more true. We have been getting April showers left and right over here and I couldn't love it more. They have been warm showers, and happen mostly within the night. The Zoo and I love to leave our window open and falling fast asleep to the showers takes me home to Georgia and falling asleep to the southern thunderstorms.

I've been finding myself waking up really giddy, as if it's Christmas morning to see if the grass is any greener, or if a new tree in our yard has its spring time buds. Even if it's been raining in the mornings or during the late afternoons, the sun always ends up shining and beaming it's rays on the fresh smelling pavement and we can go about our evening with a warm sunset. Our blinds have been wide open allowing an abundance of light shine through our home and with our white walls and white couch, its glowing all around. I've notice my attitude has been more peppy. Not that I'm a grouch in the winter time, but I do find that I am definitely more mellow and lazy, hate to admit it but it's true.

I find myself more active, full of more energy and more will power to go about my day getting more things done, going outside and taking in the beautiful place we live in. School work, though it's a heavy load right now, has been a joy. With all the light in our home, I do nothing but paint on my easel with Ray Charles jiving away to fill in the background noise. What can I say? Life is good, and I wouldn't have it any other way.

No comments:

this might tickle your fancy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground