millie cat.

Wednesday, November 10, 2010



a funny thing took place about a month ago.
just some background information:
my parents moved to england this past summer
for my dads job. though this was an exciting adventure they were about to take on
we had the issue of finding a family for our family cat cali q. you've seen past posts of me and cali girl. she is my absolute peach. people think im a cat lady because i am so obsessed with my cat. i can't help that she treated me like a queen and i slept with her in bed every night. we were seriously pals. so the thought of having to give her away kind of killed me. i secretly was wanting to hold interviews of whoever was going to take her. she needs a lot of tender, love and care, you know?

well we hit gold and found a lady named linda. now between you and me, i think linda might be the ultimate cat lady ( in a very nice way.) linda has about five other cats, so cali would gain some brothers and sisters. linda's husband loves to take pictures of the cats, so now cali is a well-known cat model. i know, she is glamourous now. i always knew she'd make it big one day. also, i thought fancy feast and friskies was the way to go for a treat but I guess linda has magic cat food, i don't know. either way, I know cali is having the time of her life with linda. so for that, i am thankful.

to cope with giving my kit cat away, i'd kind of mock cali's new glamourous life style around my roommates. they though i was kidding around, but secretly is was my humorous way of dealing with the fact that she'd never be mine again. the thought of it made me really emotional so i tried to laugh it off instead. well, one fine day, miss emmie joked and said, "you know when cali dies, she's going to choose linda over you in heaven." well normally i would have just laughed it off but i was seriously a little coo-coo and emotional and i just started bawling. i totally threw em off and i know she was kidding around but till this day she feels so bad. i feel bad that she feels bad. with that said, she always tries to convince me how much she loves cats, even though deep down we both know they gross her out. for fun and torture, i would post things of cali to her facebook wall, and make quite remarks here and there. it would kill her.

well em decided to REALLY go out of her way to prove to me that she was sorry and that she did indeed love cats. im just minding my own business on a friday morning and in walks em and her boyfriend justin.
justin tells me he has someone he wants me to meet.
ironically, her name is rachel too...
well the front door is wide open and im looking and waiting and no one seems to be barging in so now im totally thrown off. low and behold, a kitten pops out of justins "halloween candy basket" and i loose it. oh how do i loose it.
i didn't know wether to cry, or scream.
to be quite honest, i was really confused.
justin and em
BOUGHT ME A CAT.
for a split second i was really touched.
but when em had the litter box, food bowls and litter roll in
reality hit and i thought they had both lost their minds.
it's as if they each woke up that morning and thought,
"hmm, i think im going to buy rach a cat."
so i tell justin, hey, thanks im flattered
and em i know you are sorry,
but i can't take this kitten.
the only response i get from both of them was,
"well, she's your problem now."
so i name the kitten millie and treat her as a child for 5 days.
within those five painful days, millie went to the bathroom in our basket of blankets
starved herself. bit me and my roommates.
clawed at my ankles. made me bleed. cried at my door. clawed her way up my curtains and so on so forth. my roommates began to hate me, as if millie was all my fault. em was even complaining. after many roommate prayers of desperately finding a home for millie, our friend spencer & taylor perkinson decided to fall in love with millie cat and took her home. since then they have formed a family and would never look back. we're really glad millie cat found a fam.
we're really glad millie cat no longer resides in apt. 301.
cali is really glad millie cat didn't replace her.
and now im really glad that people call me CAT LADY.
which in fact, i am not.


1 comment:

SHANNON said...

too cute! im about to get a new kitten this weekend! can't wait! IM BACK! :) AND SO IS MY FREE BLOG GIVEAWAY!!! SKV6.BLOGSPOT.COM

this might tickle your fancy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground