fred & rita jive away.

Tuesday, December 18, 2012


I think I was meant to be in my prime during the 1940's. I don't understand why this epic style of dancing does not exist today. I mean, it does, but it's not praised like it was during it's time. To be quite honest, this is the best dancing around. Fred Astaire was a king on the dance floor and he'd give you a zoot suit riot. I cannot, for the life of me, stop watching this old hollywood swing dance clip from the film, "You Were Never Lovelier" starring Fred Astaire and Rita Hayworth. What's even more amazing is whoever created this youtube clip, paired it with my one of my favorite Elvis Presley's songs, "Bossa Nova Baby" not to mention it's REMIXED! Can I get an amen? I love how Fred & Rita dance with such a nonchalant swag and ease. They are so cool to me. I am not even kidding. I love them and their moves.  I must take swing dance lessons. I must. I will drag the zoo in with me and we shall jive away. I remember watching the movie "Swing Kids" when I was little and I was just in the zone whenever they'd dance away. What a fun decade. I also remember how lucky I got when I was a freshmen in High School and at church the youth were able to learn a few swing dance moves, and all of my friends and I became obsessed and from then on out, at every stake dance, we'd jump and jive. No, we were never any good, but the fun we had was unreal. I could jive away my whole entire life. I think I'm going to starting in 2013, that is, if we don't die on Friday : DOOMS DAY. rut-row. 

No comments:

this might tickle your fancy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground