witchy woman.

Friday, October 18, 2013


As of late, I have been bloated from apple cider and spend countless hours at night watching episode after episode of "The Munsters." Do you remember that show? It is from the 60's but it's the perfect vibe for what Halloween really feels like to me. The classic halloween music is in the show, everything is Halloween or monster related - they live in an old Victorian mansion with Gothic Medieval furniture and decor with cobwebs spinning all over the place. Not to mention the show is in black and white and to me - I don't know why, but that is really halloween to me. Anything old and classic - I feel like they understood it better back then.

The Zoo and I hit up a pumpkin patch this morning and plan on carving our pumpkins sunday night. I typically always try to out-do myself from the year before and do a carving that is so elaborate that I end up killing myself over it. Not this year, I kind of want to go more traditional and just do the classic jack-o-lantern grin. Last weekend we took my cousins to the Haunted Forest and it really was the perfect halloween vibe. The moon was full and creeping in through the dark woods as we walked along a haunted path lit by jack-o-lanterns and once again I felt like a child.

Tonight, we are going to put in a scary movie - Poltergeist. I remember watching this when I was younger with my dad and sisters. It scared the day lights out of me and its been so long since I've seen it, it'll be like watching it from the start all over again. I just can't get enough of October - it truly is one of my favorite months of the year.

Also, I think the wicked witch from the West is kind of legit.

No comments:

this might tickle your fancy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground