ma' and pa' in town for a fall weekend!

Tuesday, October 29, 2013


Oh how I love hanging out with my parents. I really can't find a pair that is cooler than these two cats. They flew out to Utah from back home in Georgia for the weekend to keep the Zoo and I some company, and boy did we wear ourselves out!

We did everything under the fall leaves - we started off the weekend with a spooky show of "Thriller" in Salt Lake City. All of Utah is so excited for Thriller every year, so it was pretty talked up if you know what I mean. So, as excited as we were, sadly I was a little disappointed. Don't get me wrong, it was a great dance show with some numbers really throwing that Halloween-vibe at me, but others left me confused and yawning, having nothing to do with the month of October! Don't be mad at me for saying so! Nonetheless, I have said over and over again every year that I would go see Thriller and I finally did, and right on time before we move to California, and I'n glad that I did!

Luckily, my parents were able to get the tail end of the leaves changing in Utah! We spent a day hiking up in Sundance to see the waterfalls and the weather was absolutely perfect! A cool fall breeze followed up by a warm and hearty meal at Sundance by the fire was what the doctor ordered. My Dad lives for Sundance. He's like a child when we go and it makes me really happy to see him in his place of dreaming - I know the feeling except it takes place on the opposite side of America and pointing South.  I will say, nothing feels more like fall than when you're bundled up in that cabin like restaurant up in the mountains eating a plate of meatloaf and mash potatoes. I'm drooling right now just thinking about it.

Later on in the week we drove through the Alpine Loop and watched football games at my Aunt and Uncles house. I'm going to miss them a lot when the Zoo and I move. Time spent with them and their kids are some of my favorite memories of living in Utah and it's a bonus when my parents are around while hanging out with them.

A part of me does fell a bit guilty for moving - my parents are so in love with Utah and the Zoo and I are the last to leave with both of my sisters back South. Now they have less of a reason to make a trip out to the place that they love, but I know that won't stop them. And though it's going to be a bittersweet move - luckily, the Zoo's parents still live here so we will be back and up around the bend here and there in the future.

All in all, it was such a treat to have my parents stay with us for the weekend. I already miss their company but it makes me even more excited to know I'll be seeing them in just a couple of weeks for Thanksgiving, as the Zoo and I are jetting back home to Georgia with the whole family! I finally get to meet my new nephew Sam! YEHAW!!

Family is really the best, especially around this time of year. I couldn't be happier. Changes are a-comin' but I am accepting them with a positive attitude and open arms! Life is good.


No comments:

this might tickle your fancy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground