san francisco

Tuesday, March 17, 2015












A weekend in February I made a trip out to San Francisco to see my best friends. What are the odds that out of us four girls, THREE all live in San Francisco and I am the sad lonely one in Los Angeles? When Zeke & I first moved out to Los Angeles I had a hard time with the fact that I was so close, yet so far away from them. Especially when I didn't have a job, and Zeke would go to work and I had nothing to do but explore my new home alone, I was beginning to feel extremely alone.

Honest to goodness, I had never felt that way, ever in my life. It was the strangest feeling and I was having a hard time. It was rare if I didn't cry on the phone to one of them. I was so sad that I began begging Zeke for a cat (even though I want one on the daily) but at that time, I needed someone or something to keep me company.

Though it's my fault, it has taken me A YEAR to finally fly myself out to San Francisco, not to mention I have never been before. Yes, I have been able to see all three here and there at random times when they've come into town or have gone home to orange county but it's been a couple of years since all four of us have been together at once and we missed/needed that. So it only made sense that I fly to them.

It was the best weekend I have had in a long time. I wasn't even interested in seeing the city and exploring like the tourist I usually love to be because I was just so caught up with how little time I had to spend it with my best friends. It was just like old times, we ate a ton, got extremely hyper, stayed up till 4am every night, hung out with the husbands (which were the boyfriends while in college) and snuggled and cooed over Honay Boy Sushi (Chelly's one year old boy Rockwell, who Im so in love with). That weekend was Rocky's birthday and I was so relieved to have been able to be a part of SOMETHING in that boys life. I was beginning to feel left out and worried he'd forget all about me.

The whole weekend was all fun and games until I had to leave for the airport. It was like college all over again with Nik moving to New York & Chels getting married. Now that I think back on it, it's pretty embarrassing, but we were in the moment. The four of us hugged and huddled in Nik's apartment just bawling while all the husbands (minus Zeke) sat in the room awkwardly watching/trying to act like they don't notice what's going on. Ha! They get it though, and they knew it was coming. Saying goodbye is so hard with them. They are like additional sisters to me and I know we will be this way throughout our whole lives. They mean that much to me.

That weekend was truly special and we have so many more girl's trips to look forward to in the near future. I'm thinking I should make a book for each one. I miss them all so much already - phone calls and group texts just don't do it justice.

No comments:

this might tickle your fancy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground