fifties voguette painting

Thursday, November 21, 2013


This is my latest portrait taken from a 1950's Vogue editorial. I am so drawn to that decade. And I have always swooned over those photographs from that particular Vogue issue that I decided I'd challenge myself and paint one, a large one if you will. This bad boy is 36" x 48" and I couldn't be more proud. I am happy to say that I will be getting all of my paintings done in time for finals! I only have one more portrait to go! And this last one I am really excited for - it's another vintage fashion magazine piece from Harper's Bazaar.

I can't believe how fast time is flying by with this last semester of school. I for sure thought it was going to drag, but I was proven wrong. It's bittersweet to be done, but it's a wild feeling to know I'll be free at last - to paint whatever my precious heart desires, and for that... I am really thrilled!

With the holidays coming up be sure to check out my artwork shop, as PRICES HAVE BEEN LOWERED! rachelanne.bigcartel.com


No comments:

this might tickle your fancy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground