Banjo King Kuch.

Tuesday, April 12, 2016


Please, don't even remind me what life was like before Banjo. Last June on our drive to Hilton Head Island, South Carolina, Zeke told me to pay some lady a certain amount of money through PayPal. I had no idea what he was talking about but I did it. After the matter I asked him what I just paid for and he replied, "a puppy."

At 7 weeks old, we picked Banjo up from our breeders and my life has been ten times even better than it was before. I have never had a dog before. I grew up with a cat, and she still is my little sweetheart and I'll never forget it. But yes, now I do get it. Dogs are so much more different than cats. I swear Banjo is a human being. He has brought so much joy into my life I didn't even know I could be this happy. Banjo is an Australian Shepard Blue Merle. His birth mom Allie is a show dog and his birth father Wiley is a work dog. And Banjo, he is my sweet baby boy who is a total socialite. He has to say hello with kisses to every human being and dog he sees. He has the kindest heart and is an absolute blessing to our family.

He is my shadow and follows me around everywhere in the house and I LOVE IT. I have a constant companion and he is always comforting me, snuggling me, kissing me and so on so forth. Seriously, I'd rather hang out with Banjo than my friends. With our baby arriving in July (a month after Banjo's 1st birthday) I have experienced nothing but true anxiety. I am so afraid Banjo is going to feel replaced, neglected, depressed and so on so forth. I think about it daily and it worries me so much. The transition and change in the home is more of a fear for me than actually giving birth. I just can't swallow the thought of not knowing how Banjo feels deep down inside and I can't handle him being sad. Though he LOVES and ADORES kids, I hope he will adore his new best friend just as much. He really is my everything. I never knew I could be so in love with a dog like I am with Banjo. He's my world and quite frankly, my best friend.

No comments:

this might tickle your fancy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground