Gardens of Versailles

Tuesday, March 29, 2016


First and foremost, gardens and landscaping is something that I truly adore. Growing up, I watched my mom take care of our backyard which I always viewed as her secret garden in Georgia. She was so particular and precise and had such an eye for making her space lush, vibrant and spectacular! My favorite part of her garden was her blue hydrangeas that grew so large it took your breath away. For this reason, I have grown a love and a passion for landscaping and gardening and I look forward to the day where I will be able to have my own space where I can allow my creativity to run wild with foliage just like my mama.

So, when you place me in the gardens of Versailles, you'll see me nearly keeling over and dying because I almost can't handle the beauty and symmetry of it all. Lets just get this out there - manicured hedges and sculptures are my bread and butter. I've never seen hedges quite like this. Living in Santa Monica, I had a great taste of manicured lawns from the neighborhoods in Brentwood & Pacific Palisades, but nothing will ever measure up to the shaped hedges at Versailles. It reminded me of the Queen of Heart's garden in Alice in Wonderland. The hedges created a maze throughout the whole garden which made for some great exploring and wonder. Zeke and I got so lost in the gardens and we almost didn't want to find our way out.

And the sculptures were so pristine and stark white. The contrast of the sculptures against the hedges with the blue skies had me drooling all over the place. And the symmetry of it all just had me giddy the whole day through. It was absolutely perfect. It almost wasn't even real. The gardens of Versailles exceeded my expectations and now I have so many backyard goals, Zeke isn't going to know what to do with himself.

No comments:

this might tickle your fancy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground