Mama.

Sunday, March 22, 2009

I know I am a little late for a shout out to my mama and her birthday. 
BUT since two of my favorite people's birthday is in March I decided to do the posts on the same day. 

On March 15th Donna Lynne Robbins was born. 
And ever since then, the world began to live. 
My mom is one of the greatest people I know. 
Everyday I wish to become more like her. 
The greatest compliment ever is when people tell me that I remind them of my mom. 
She is hip, classy, wild and hysterical. 
To be honest she is something else. 
The one thing that I have learned from my mom has been taught to me through her actions. 
She has taught me that the older you get, the younger and more alive you become. 
And that is how life should be lived. 
My mom knows how to have a good time and not once am i embarrassed by her. 
Although my face may give that away deep down I am memorizing every dance move and every witty line she says so one day I can do and say the same thing. 
My mom is crafty. She's the worlds greatest seamstress. Not a single lady can out-do her work.
I have always said to myself that if my mom and I opened our own boutique or clothing line- we'd make the best team. 
 My mom is a great friend. She knows how to live in the moment.
She has THE BEST DANCE MOVES I KNOW. 
I want to thank her coach on the drill team back in high school. 
My mom is this generations Doris Day. 
My mom is classy, elegant and simple. 
She makes a statement everywhere she goes and turns heads without knowing it.
My mom is always on top of things. Never is she a procrastinator. 
My mom pees her pants when she laughs too hard and you know what? That's a good sign. When she pees, you know she is really having a good time. 
Which puts everyone else in the best mood ever. 
Nobody messes with Donna. She wins every fight and you can never prove her wrong. 
I love my mom so very much. And I am so thankful to have her in my life. 
She is simply wonderful. 
I love you mama. 
Happy Birthday!

1 comment:

J & J said...

there really is no one else like mom, huh. good post rach.

this might tickle your fancy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground