This Is Africa.

Sunday, August 9, 2009


Hello fellow Americans!
IM BACK!
Malaria free too.
Only, I'm missing more than half of my heart.
I have seemed to have left it in Ghana.
And I doubt I'll ever get it back.
Whoopsie-Daisy.

you want to go on an adventure into the wild?
here you go: welcome to my life.
"for what it's worth:
it's never too late or, in my case too early to be whoever you want to be.
There's no time limit, stop whenever you want.
You can change or stay the same, there are no rules to this thing.
We can make the best or the worst of it.
I hope you make the best of it.
And I hope you see things that startle you.
I hope you feel things you never felt before.
I hope you meet people with a different point of view.
I hope you live a life you're proud of.
And if you find you're not,
I hope you have the strength to start all over again."
- The Curious Case of Benjamin Button

11 comments:

Ali said...

loved your video! I hope I can go to Africa one day! I had 4 black cabbage patch dolls when I was little because I just loved them so much. I still have one of them that I will never get rid of!

Brady and Brittany said...

Rach I love your life!! I'm so happy you finally got to go. I still want to do something like that someday!!!! Love ya

J & J said...

love this. love you.

Unknown said...

Rachel-i am friends with your sister Jenna. I've been checking back ever since you left for Africa b/c I wanted to see how it was(checking your blog that is...kinda stalkerish?!?!? haha)!!!! It's one of my goals/dreams to go there some day. I loved this video! I loved loved loved it! It made me want to go there even more! Anyways just thought I'd comment!

Rebecca Anderson said...

your amazing.
i want to be just like you!!!
can't wait to see you!

grant + brittany said...

yay! i love how everyone is saying they wish they could go one day... just like i said! its like we are all trying to live our dreams through you! love the video :)

Reimstar said...

Bless your heart Rachel. What a great thing!

SJ said...

Rachel, this is Sister Sarah Crookston, Jenna's coolest friend..hah. I watched your video, I loved it. I was in Africa 7 years ago, that really dates me, but I was left with a lasting impression. Thank you for sharing.

Love,

SJ

Sarah Young said...

Wow, how completely awesome! I am so happy for you Rachel! That you are living your life to the fullest and making the most of each moment. You are so awesome girl! Keep on dancing!

J & J said...

i just watched this AGAIN and cried. you were meant for africa, and meant for so many other amazing things.

Erin said...

you amaze me rachel. You are living your dreams! thank you for sharing this.

this might tickle your fancy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground