party for the bride!

Sunday, May 26, 2013

















Remember when I said I was done throwing parties after my Southern Birthday Dinner? I lied, but this party was well deserved for my best friend Marissa. I have been waiting for the day that she gets married. She is such a special person to me and deserves love like no one else.

She's always been the friend in everyone else's wedding. The one to always throw the bridal showers. I don't think she can even count on both hands how many showers she has thrown and I am sick of it for her! I've always just thought to myself, and I know others have thought the the same thing too, that this girl deserve the world. And I cannot wait for when the day comes and bam, it's here just like that. And we couldn't love her fiance' any more. Dan is such a gentleman, with some really great hair and pacific ocean blue eyes. And he adores Marissa, he genuinely loves her to the moon and back. You can tell easily just by the way he looks at her, speaks to her, touches her, everything. And I couldn't be happier that she found someone as great as him to take care of her.

Marissa's shower couldn't have been more perfect. The weather was beautiful with a slight cool breeze, all of our girlfriends (with a few missing) came to shower her with gifts, laughter, stories and love and it was just a nice, mellow, low-key social gathering in the backyard of the bungalow and we just had a ball.

It's so fun to see everyone grow up and find their man and their new homes, and jobs and begin to have babies. It's scary because I still feel and act sixteen at heart, and so I feel like this all shouldn't be happening quite yet, but it is and though scary, it's an adventure and a fun one at that! I just am so excited and happy to see the success with my friends and their futures and where the road will take them and I wish them all nothing but happiness!

We just adore Marissa and I cannot, for the life of me, wait to board on the plane in a week and a half to California to be a part of my best friends wedding. It's going to be pure bliss!

1 comment:

Nicole said...

Love all these pictures Rach! And so sad I wasn't there for this... it looks like it was so fun! Love you girls!

this might tickle your fancy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground