Malta

Friday, July 17, 2015

^ Sometimes I wonder if my sunglasses are too large for my face, but then I see photos and think, "Screw it, I love them." 
^ It is necessary to take multiple pictures of the same thing. That's what's so fun about digital cameras. You take your photo, put the camera down and look at that same view again and you can't help yourself. You've just got to take another shot because the view is that good. But seriously, look at Peter's Pools, LOOK AT IT. 

^ Zeke makes me laugh so hard when I find that he understands the potential of the go pro and I find personal shots of himself like this. 

^Unlike everyone else, I take really unfortunate underwater shots. But, whatever. 

^ Truth be told, that was the greatest swim session of my life. Nothing will ever top swimming in Peter's Pools off the coves of Malta. 
^ I spent my last day as a 25 year old in Malta. I think I spent it well and lived. I don't know how else I could have done so...

^ I don't really know what this hand gesture means, but he asked to take his photo and so, I did. 

They say Malta is the melting pot of Italy, Greece & Turkey. I say that it's Europe's best kept secret. But is it really though? I felt so cool being in Malta because who goes to Malta? No one. At least that's what I thought. And now, Malta is one of my favorite "hidden gems" in Europe, especially if you love exploring and swimming in the Mediterranean like I do. Well apparently, thanks to the Euro being down, everyone and their mother is showing up in Malta all over my instagram and the diva in me wants to cry because their in Malta, showing off Malta's best kept secrets & I am no longer the one doing so. So dumb, I know. But seriously, Malta is out of control. 

A group of us rented scooters and explored the entire island of Malta. The adventure started out pretty shady, like 'Taken' status shady, and then became a bit dangerous when we realized the island is nothing but round-abouts after round-abouts and then finding out that they drive on the opposite side of the roads unlike Italy & Greece. So, we about died multiple times but it felt good to be a bit wild and dangerous. This is as wild as I'll get. There were times when I felt like being corny, but couldn't help myself and while riding on the back of the scooter with Zeke, I closed my eyes and held my hands out in the air and let the breeze just slap me in the face. You know, like something you'd see in a Nicolas Sparks film. I wanted to take in how awesome my life was at that very moment and I didn't know how else to do it. 

Malta is interesting, yes, it's the melting pot but it also reminded me of somewhere in the Middle East, until you got to the water then it was pure paradise. Peter's Pools was the highlight of my trip. Whenever I get in water, be it a pool or the sea, I become ten years old. Hand me my goggles and I'm set. Peter's Pool's were clear as day, the water was the most beautiful shade of green, sort of icy & the temperature was on point. I can't explain to you the carved out rock that was borderline marble but I can tell you this much - there is nothing like this in the world. My mind was blown. And to top it off, the history made the place that much better. Peter's Pools is where the Apostle Peter came after Christ had died and he baptized a million people. I mean, not a million, but I'm sure more than ten. And I swam in those waters. I SWAM IN THOSE WATERS. Not many people can say that, expect for those newly maltified people on instagram. But I can say that, and tell my children that, and one day, I'll take my children there on a family holiday (I love to say holiday as though I'm European). 

This was hands down, one of the greatest days of my life. Was I able to get that point across to you? Zeke agrees with me.  

No comments:

this might tickle your fancy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground